THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND THE SOURCES OF SUCH INFORMATION
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when you use the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use part or all of our services.
1.Information You Provide to Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- Account and product registration and administration of your account
- Processing your orders and requests for treatment
- Questions, communications, or feedback you submit to us via forms or email
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance, including through online chat functionalities
- Uploads or posts to the Services
The specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and email address
- Information about your medical conditions, treatment options, physician referrals, prescriptions, and lab results or other related health information, such as your physical and emotional characteristics
- Log-in credentials, if you create an account
Billing information, such as shipping address, credit or debit card number, verification number, expiration date, and identity verification information, collected by our payment processors on our behalf
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information such as your gender and age
- User-generated content you post in public online forums on our Services
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
We collect certain information about your use of the Services and the devices you use to access the Services, as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf), may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Our Website. When you use our Website, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our site, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to enable access to content that varies based on a user’s general location. We will ask your permission before collecting your precise GPS location information. In such instances, we will use your precise geo-location information to provide customized services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish for us and our service providers to collect and use GPS location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Please see your device manufacturer settings.
- A web server log is a file where website activity is stored.
- An SDK is a set of tools and/or code that we embed in our Apps and software to allow third parties to collect information about how users interact with the Services.
- A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer/device; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the parts of the Services you have visited and used; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions.
- Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email that are designed to: (1) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and email open rates; (2) measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising; and (3) access user cookies.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
3. Information We Receive From Other Sources
We work closely with third parties with whom we partner to provide you with the Services. Such third parties will sometimes provide us with additional information about you.
PURPOSES FOR HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In connection with providing you with the Services, we may use your information for our business purposes to:
- Carry out, improve, and manage the Services and, as applicable, facilitate the provision of health care services to you by practitioners or other health care providers and ensure that the practitioners or health care providers have the services and support necessary for health care operations.
- Engage in internal research to understand the effectiveness of our Services, improve our Services, and better understand our user base. If we publish or provide the results of this research to others, such research will be presented in a de-identified and aggregate form such that individual users cannot be identified.
- Communicate with you about the Services, your use of the Services, or your inquiries related to the Services and send you communications on behalf of practitioners or other health care providers utilizing the Services to meet your needs.
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, or phone about surveys, promotions, special events or our products and Services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our third-party partners.
- Provide you with technical support and customer service.
- Verify your identity and administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders.
- Ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device, allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (when you choose to do so), and as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure.
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, such as by engaging in analysis and research regarding use of the Services.
- Comply in good faith with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND NOTICE ABOUT HEALTH INFORMATION
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
VirtualDr takes a variety of technical and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, through, or on our Services or via the Internet and that any such transmission is at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES
As you are aware persons who have attained 16 years of age or more are capable of giving or refusing consent in connection with their own care, unless there are reasonable grounds to believe otherwise. Findings of incapacity may be appealed to the Consent and Capacity Review Board. However, there is no stipulated age of consent. We highly recommend anyone below the age of 16 years to have a parent or guardian present during the encounter with the platform. In order for a patient to be eligible for this service they MUST be located in Canada.
As per the regulations found under the anti-spam laws, we always seek your consent before sending commercial electronic messages to you. Kindly note that as part of this policy, we do not share your personal information such as email address or contact information to any third parties without your consent. In the event we want to send notifications concerning our services to you, we will request you to grant us the permission to do so either via email or text messages. The purpose of the notifications is to keep you updated on the status of your requests and consultations.
Even though our site is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 18, we realize that a child may attempt to access our site. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from a child. A child may only visit our site when in the company of a parent or legal guardian and the said child must be registered on our platform using the parent’s or guardian’s assistance.
In the event you have any queries or comments concerning out services kindly reach through firstname.lastname@example.org